Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Aaron's history book was talking about King Nebbie K Nezzer (sorry reverting to Veggie Tales) Anyway, they had Daniel 2:21 to teach that God is in control. Here it is

Daniel 2:21 (King James Version)

21And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

So Aaron and I got to talking about the election and I had to remind him that God is in control. Yes, we have a voice, yes, we need to vote, but that no matter what happens God knew what is going to happen, long before the reporters and election officials. Now this book doesn't know that today is election day but I really think that God was reminding me that HE is in control. Then just now I was reading my little devotion book and they had Romans 13:1

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

So today as our country waits to hear what the "majority" (don't get me started on the electoral college) says, I am reminded that God is in control...Hallelujah!!

Just my thoughts.

On a lighter note.. Trader Joes is opening up in Nashville!!! We have 2 Whole Foods which I like but Trader Joes is AWESOME!!!! So the kids and I are going to take a little field trip. Should be fun!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, sister. I hear you. I've been reminding myself of this fact every day. God is in control. Nothing is a surprise to Him.