Monday, October 1, 2018

Any Update in MANY parts...Part 7

Well, I backed up  my bags and left the day after Aaron moved out.  The plan was to close on the 10th and James and Aaron would drive down that day.  Mom was getting stronger and they said that she would be able to leave on Mother's day if she could get in and out of the car.  She wanted to see our house and go to Olive Garden.  It was a craving that she had since before her fall.

I arrived and went straight to visit mom.  She was doing good, but tired.  The next day I went with her car and she was able to get in and out with assistance.  Two days later she got in the car with Daddy just watching over her.  She even told him not to touch her..She wanted to do it on her own!!!LOL




Friday James closed on the house in TN early in the morning and drove the Truck loaded with most of our stuff down to Louisiana.  I  closed on the house in the early afternoon here in LA.  I arranged to have the mattress delivered right after while cleaning and waiting on Aaron with the animals and James with the truck.  The house has a wet bar and anticipating James' arrival I transformed it into a coffee bar.  The is the initial set up.  It's much better now!
 Aaron arrived with the animals. I've never seen two dogs and a cat so happy to get out of a car!  Aaron only stopped for gas and never took them out.  He said he wasn't taking a giant bear and a demon dog out of the car.  His friend followed  behind in Aaron's car so they wouldn't have to drive the suburban back. Although I don't think it would have made it back. Both of the guys showered and then left to get food.   James arrived a bit later parked the moving truck in the drive and we went to get pizza at our favorite pizza place.  I was tired and decided that kept wasn't going to happen this week, but we walked in and they were advertising crustless pizza.  Jesus loves me...LOL

 The next day, a group of guys from Crossroads Leadership College arrived to unload our truck.  They did it all in 3 hours!!  It was such a blessing to have our home church chip in and help.  It made the unloading bearable.
Sunday mom came over and was able to see our house.  She was happy to see it.  The whole time I was looking at houses she was upset that she was unable to look with me, so I would show her pictures and tell her the good and bad  things about each house.  She chose this one because it had satsumas and kumquat trees.  Those were her favorite.  I think it's why I chose this house too.  We went out to eat and she was so happy to be out!!  


James and Aaron went back to Tennessee Monday and I was left alone to set up the house.  James just had 4 days left of school, but he needed to be there.  Zane was busy with finals and getting ready to go on his Senior trip.  I am so grateful for our FCA family who took Zane in during this crazy time in our lives.  They never hesitated to help us during this time.  


No comments: