Monday, October 1, 2018

An Update...in Many Parts...the last part..

This is the part I didn't want to ever have to write......... it's the part I've been stalling on, but I guess I just have to do it...

The day after Zane's graduate we got in the car and headed down to LA.  Aaron would be coming down on Monday.  About halfway down, Gene called and said that Mom had fallen asleep Saturday afternoon and wouldn't' wake up unless they woke her.  It would be soon.....  We made the decision to have Lydia FaceTime mom...  I talked to Aaron and told him not to worry about coming down.  I think he was relieved.  He got to see her for Mother's day and she was in such good health then.  He wanted to remember her that way.   I asked if he wanted me to tell her anything and he said to tell her that he loved her.

We got in and I gave her Aaron's message.  Lydia called and was able to see mom.  I read a letter that she wrote to mom.  I know mom could hear us but I just down't think she had to energy to answer.  Zane prayed for her and he and James went home.  They would come back first thing in the morning. I stayed behind and slept next to mom's bed.  It was just good to know that she was home.  I know that it made daddy happy to have Gene and I there and to know that mom was in her own house.

Mary and I would have to get up every 4 hours to give her a few doses of medication to help her breathing.  At 4 am I told her that I was putting a pill under her tongue and for her not to bite me.....well, she didn't listen and she bit me!!!  I think that was her way of telling me that she could hear me....  I couldn't go back to sleep so I got on my iPad and played a few games.  I'd look up and talk to her every now and then.  I told her how much I loved her.  I told her that I didn't want her to leave, but that I knew that the cancer was eating away her bones and that she was in a lot of pain.  I told her that I didn't want her to suffer and then when she was ready to go, then she needed to go.  I would miss her terribly, but I didn't want to hold her back from her eternal reward and that Jesus was waiting for her.  Around 7:15 Monday morning on May 28th, I watched as my mom took her last breath.  I looked up from my iPad and she took a breath.. I looked down and then a minute later looked up again and she was gone.  She was with Jesus.... She was whole and she was healed...  I can't say that she was running in Heaven, but I know she was rejoicing...

I called for Gene and Mary and they confirmed that Mom was gone.  Gene went to wake Daddy and I texted James.  We called Aaron and Lydia and gave them the news.  We then waited while they came to get mom's body....  My mom was my momma for 48 years 363 days....... I miss you momma...


1 comment:

The Fish Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Rachel. I can't imagine how hard this must be. I know you were very close to your mom. Prayers that God will fill that void and heal your heart.