Friday, September 1, 2017

Aaron Update and a Quilt

Well Aaron had his external fixator removed Tuesday. The Dr took off and we all headed to the hospital at 5:30 AM!! AM people...  Aaron stayed up all night playing video games so that he would sleep during the procedure.  The gave him a sedative, but didn't knock him out all the way.  They took him back around 7 and by 10:15 we were on our way home. His Dr wants him off his feet for 2 more weeks and then he said he can start putting some weight on his legs.  He asked for McDonalds for breakfast.  We made it just in time before they started serving lunch.

He asked to stop at a store on the way home, so they dropped me off at Hobby Lobby so that I could get some thread.  I've been sewing up a storm and I needed thread for piecing.

I finished the jelly roll quilt. I put borders on after this picture was taken, but Harvey the Hurricane arrived in TN and it's been raining since.  So, I couldn't take it outside for pictures.  The Dr had to work late Monday, so I finished the top while he was at work.

I love this pattern.  I have a bunch of scraps that I plan on using to make a few more.  The scraps are from my friend that I posted about before.  There are plenty of strips that I can easily trim down to 2 1/2 inch and 1 1/2 inch for this pattern.  I found one blog that cut the center strip 10 inches and it made the quilt more of a twin size.  This is what I am going to do next.  I am hoping to get some charity quilts made before we move.  The fabric that she gave me would be perfect for what I want to do.

Please continue to pray for Aaron.  Thanks

No comments: