Friday, August 25, 2017

Quilting

I had big plans for several quilts that needed to be finished this summer.  One was a quilt that I was making for Aaron.  I've put it aside, it takes too much thought and I just can't think right now.  So, I picked up a bit of English Paper Piecing that I've had in the planning stages and started working on it.  It's a Sue Daley design.  It was actually a Sew Along that I saved when she started it and never got around to it.  The fabrics are French General by Moda.  This is a favorite line of mine. I think mainly because it is French inspired.








I got this far before we had to bring Aaron back to the hospital.  And now I have a pinched nerve from sleeping in a hospital chair, so handwork is out.
I can't just sit idle, so I went digging in my sewing room and came across the following fabrics that were given to me by an old friend who no longer quilted.  I presented the first picture to my favorite Facebook quilting group and they helped me to choose a color that I needed to complete this design.  The vote was to use a brown. So, I went digging some more and found the perfect brown!!  


I love shopping my stash!  I know that there are people who don't understand the need for a stash. These 2 examples are a good reason why.  I couldn't go shopping and I needed to be creative.  If I had to drive all the way into town (45 min) to get what I needed, there is no way I would have been able to start anything.. and creativity is my therapy. I needed therapy!!!!


No comments: