Friday, May 15, 2009

Widows and Orphans

James (gosh don't you just love that name) said:

James 1:27 (King James Version)

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I have always had a heart for orphans. Even as a teenager my heart went out to those who didn't have the love and support of parents like I did. I remember wanting to have a farm and 3 kids and then I wanted to take in orphans. Lately I have been really wanting to reach out to orphans in some way. My heart aches for those who have no hope of a family. Everytime I read about a family that has adopted an orphan my heart rejoices. I truly wish that we could adopt a child from another country. A little girl, so that L could have a playmate.

We began attending a new church and there is a ministry that reaches out to those that are adopting and they also support orphans. I need to get involved. Please pray that God will give me direction in where He would like me to be. And if you think about it... go here and help if you can.

And don't forget the widows.. the single parents. Just yesterday a good friend of ours was killed and left behind a wife and kids. I don't know how they will make it, and I am sure they will need help.

Pure religion.....

Love you guys

R

1 comment:

Me said...

This is close to my heart as well :-) I have two orphans that I hope to change their status very soon. Yes, true religion.