Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

I remember my first Mother's Day 11 years ago. It was a bittersweet day for me. Just the year before I avoided going to church and family gatherings. A few years before that I vowed to never attend a Mother's Day service until I was a mother.

Even today my heart goes out to the women who want so dearly to be a mother. Whose heart aches to hold a little one in her arms. To be given the honor to have to wake up ever 3 hours to feed a baby who relies on you for everything. I remember the first Mother's Day after we began trying to have a baby. We went out to eat and my parents had invited my ex-sil's mother to come along with us. My brother and his wife were expecting their first child and so were J's brother and his wife and dear friends of ours. The last two had announced it just the week before. Anyway, the waitress was handing out flower to the ladies at the table and when she handed me one Michelle's mom yelled out "Oh no!!! SHE isn't a mother!!!" I felt rotten. I endured 5 more years of bad jokes, stupid comments and having to sit while everyone else stood on Sunday morning. It was the worst day of the year.

But in 1998 God blessed us with the most wonderful gift. A son!! I was a momma at last. J and I had it figured out that he was "cooking" the previous Mother's Day. God heard my cry and answered my prayer.

Even today my heart goes out to the women who want so dearly to be a mother. Whose heart aches to hold a little one in her arms. To be given the honor to have to wake up ever 3 hours to feed a baby who relies on you for everything. My prayers go out to all the ladies who desire a child and to all the birth-mom's who have given their children to a couple who cannot have their own children. May God bless you and give you peace this Mother's Day.. If you know someone who desires a child do me a favor and hug them today and let them know that the the are loved. And whatever you don't don't say "happy mother's day....oh yeah... you aren't a mother"........Just love them....and if they aren't at church... don't question their decision...

R

1 comment:

Good to be a Queen said...

Thank You for this...My Daughter and Son-in-law have been trying to have a baby for nine years now...Iwish I could take the pain away from her....I will share you story with her.......