Monday, March 9, 2009

11 years ago today

I became a mom!!!! A was born on March 3rd, but we didn't get him until the 9th. Today was one of the happiest days of my life. J and I prayed for a baby for 9 years and when I first saw A I wanted to grab him and run..LOL. But his BM handed him to me and I became a mom!! I remembering not wanting to put him down. J let me hold him for a long time before taking his turn. When we left the attorney's office we put him in his seat and I sat in the back just staring at him. He was so perfect and big. he weighed 10.5lbs when he was born and weighed 10lbs 11oz when we got him. We called our parents and described every little bit of him. J stopped to get lunch but we just wanted to get home and hold him and make sure he was safe in our house. His room was waiting!
We got on the basin bridge and headed home. Then about halfway through.... we hear a banging noise coming from the front of the car. We pull over (not a safe thing to do on e the bridge..this was before the speedlimit restrictions) Our headlight on the jeep came loos. I grabbed the electrical tape out of the glove compartment (why it was there, I don't know) and we tapped it back and took off.
When we got home J left to buy formula, so I held A until he got home. We asked visitors to give us a few hours alone. honestly I wanted to give him a bottle without all the stares, and looks. I didn't want my firsts to be critiqued.

Our parents arrived and then my brother.. Then our dear friends who ad adopted their first just 4 months before. Then we were left alone to thank God for giving us this wonderful gift.

I am still amazed that He choose us to be the parents of 3. When we were told that adoption was our only option, we honestly thought that we would have one child. We never thought that He would bless us with 3!!

I have pictures..honestly.. but they are all in albums. We sat down wiht the kids and looked at all f them this weekend. It made me realize that I really need to finish a few of them and get back into putting our pics into albums.

Gotcha day is a special day for us. My kids have 2 special days, their birthdays and their Gotcha Days. So tomnight A gets to choose what is for dinner and what movie we are going to watch. We let him choose lunch yesterday and then took them out for ice cream. It was a special day.

Well, I am off to get the house clean and the kids educated. Have a wonderful day!!

R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your blog and lovely family. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Sweet. You are definitely blessed.