Monday, July 2, 2018

An Update in Several Parts Part 2

Zane, and the rest of the Senior boys, decided this year that they were all going to play soccer.  Zane, playing soccer.... I have gone 20 years avoiding the soccer mom title and they guy waits until his Senior year to play soccer.....  They made it to the playoffs and almost clinched a title.  It was fun watching him play.


February 14th, The Dr and I were about to head back down to LA for a job interview when Daddy called.  Mom had fallen and they were bringing her to the hospital.  We arrived 10 hours later and went straight to the hospital.  Again, her calcium levels were high.  I stayed in LA for 3 weeks with mom at the hospital until they moved her to a Physical Therapy Center.  She would be there  3 weeks While I was in Louisiana we got an offer on our farm!!  It was a great offer and we accepted. The best part was that we could stay at the farm until May11th.. Now the hunt to find a house in Louisiana was on.  I drove home the next day to celebrate losing a teenager.  Aaron turned 20!!!  I don't quite know how I  feel about that, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I drove back down the next week to look for a house and to help spring mom from the PT rehab place.  The day she was to leave, we were told that she would have to start dialysis... her kidneys had suffered terrible due to the fluids given to her to get her calcium levels down.  We were also told by her cancer doctor that her cancer had progressed and that she needed a new treatment.  She was transferred to the hospital and started her new treatments.

While in LA I began to look at houses..  I found a house after 4 days of looking.  It was perfect.  In town (can you say FIBER!!! no more satellite internet!!) a very large backyard for the dogs and FRUIT TREES!!!  Oranges, lemons, fig and pear!!!  It had all the bedrooms that we needed and a sewing room for me!  We made an offer an it was accepted!!  They even accepted our May 11th closing!  I headed back home because Zane was going to Chicago for Week Without Walls.   He had a blast.  We left the day after he arrived and headed back down to LA so that he could visit with Crossroads Leadership College.  James and Zane got to see the house that I picked out and it was met with approval.

Mom was still in the hospital but moved to a Assisted Living Facility. She was having a harder time regaining her strength but they seemed hopeful that she would get stronger.


No comments: