Monday, July 2, 2018

An update in Several Parts Part 1

Before we left to go to Louisiana for Christmas, my mom had begun to feel bad.  She was disoriented and sleeping a lot. She went to the Dr and the admitted her to the hospital.  We drove down hoping she would be home for Christmas.   Her calcium level were high and they were working on lowering them.  By the time we arrived, she was doing much better, but she still wasn't able to come home for Christmas.

We had a good time here considering the circumstances.   We drove around and looked at neighborhoods.  We knew that it would be the last time that we had to drive down for Christmas and we were looking forward to not having to drive down again.  Mom was able to go home on New Years Eve.  We drove back up the day before, but I promised to be back on the 8th after our anniversary.

January...Back in November James and I made the decision to enroll Lydia in a private boarding school that could help her with some issues that she was dealing with.  We had tried to help her ourselves but we realized that she needed help from professionals who could really focus on her behavior.  

We were told by both schools that she attended in TN that they couldn't (didn't want to) focus so much on just her.  She was allowed to do things that they knew were harmful for her.  Her behavior was getting to the dangerous point and we needed a place that could focus on her and address the issues immediately. The other schools would sometimes wait DAYS before addressing the issue..by then it was too late.

We were thrilled with the school and it is a program that we are familiar with, but it was hard telling her and then packing her things and driving her to the school.  She cried, we cried and it was pretty much a hard emotional day.  But we all knew that it was for the best.

Our 29th Anniversary!!!  Y'all, The Dr and I have been married for 29 years!!  I still feel like we are newlyweds, but the ages of our kids tell me different.  I am still in denial about my age...LOL

I drove down to LA on the 8th and spent a week with my parents, mom was doing so much and refused to let me do any of the things that I had gone down to do.  It was a great visit!!

No comments: