Monday, June 8, 2009

The Lord of the Rings

  • We love this triology. The funny thing about this series is that every year, since I was a teen, my dad has bugged me to read the books, and I never did. Well, when the movies came out I still refused (sometimes I can be stubborn... I know it is hard to believe) and I didn't even see the movies, unless you count the Hobbit cartoon from the 70's. Anyway, 4 years ago I talked about how I needed to read the books, so J gave them to me as a gift (including the Hobbit) and I poured over them neglecting my family and home.... Then I made J buy the movies and we watched them all in a 3 night marathon. I was hooked.

    The opening scene in the first movie has Galadriel speaking words that every time I hear them, "oh how true"

    It starts off with the words

    The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it



    and then after talking about the history of the ring she says

    History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.

    Oh how we have lost the things that we once held true as a nation, as a world. We have forgotten our God and Savior. We have forgotten what is evil and cling to those things like they are pure and holy.


  • Thats all for today

R

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Very true, Rachel.

Oh, and I haven't read the books either. Shhhhh....